Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach the Maldives. The country is served by several international airports, with Velana International Airport (MLE) in Malé being the major entry point.
- From North America and Europe: Travelers from North America and Europe can reach the Maldives via connecting flights. Major airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Etihad Airways offer routes to Malé. Flight durations and layovers can vary based on your departure location, but typical flight times range from 20 to 30 hours or more.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from other Asian countries, you can find connecting flights to the Maldives through hubs in the region, including Dubai, Doha, and Singapore. Airlines like Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, and Cathay Pacific offer routes to Malé. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 4 to 8 hours.
- From Other International Locations: The Maldives is well-connected to international destinations, including Sydney, Istanbul, and Moscow. Airlines like Turkish Airlines and Aeroflot offer routes to Malé. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 8 to 16 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Maldives?
The average flight time to the Maldives can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Dubai, UAE: Around 4 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 10 to 11 hours
- Singapore: About 4.5 to 5.5 hours
- Mumbai, India: Around 2.5 hours
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 4 hours
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: About 4 hours
- Istanbul, Turkey: Around 7 to 8 hours
- Hong Kong: Approximately 6 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.