Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
The best way to get to Asia is by plane. The continent has roughly 160 major airports that can be reached from almost any major city in the world via direct or connecting flights.
- From North America: Getting to Asia from North America is easy with a vast network of direct and connecting flight routes running from major cities in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Some of the most popular arrival airports in Asia are in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Beijing, and Bangkok. Japan Airlines, Korean Air, and Cathay Pacific operate many of these routes. On average, direct flights from the U.S. West Coast to major Asian cities take approximately 11-14 hours, while flights from the East Coast may take 15-18 hours.
- From Europe: If you’re traveling from Europe, you’ll have no trouble finding direct flights to major Asian hubs, including London to Singapore, Frankfurt to Mumbai, and Paris to Bangkok. Look at airlines like Singapore Airlines, Emirates, and Qatar Airways for frequent direct flights to Asia. The average flight time from Europe to Asia largely depends on your departure airport and destination, but flights generally range from 9-15 hours.
- From Other International Locations: Asia is well-connected to countries and continents around the world, including South America, Australia, and Africa. Major airlines fly direct and connecting flights to popular destinations across Asia. The average flight time varies widely based on your departure country and arrival airport in Asia along with your route’s layover and stop lengths. Overnight layovers are not uncommon on flights to Asia.
Keep in mind that flight times to Asia are heavily dependent on a few factors, including your departure airport, arrival airport, layovers, and weather conditions. Flight prices for Asian routes fluctuate frequently based on your booking time, how far in advance you book, the distance of your flight, and whether or not your flight is direct.
How Long Is the Flight to Asia?
The average flight time to Asia can vary depending on the departure city. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Sydney, Australia: About 12 hours and 26 minutes
- New York, USA: Approximately 15 hours and 25 minutes
- London, UK: Around 9 hours and 45 minutes
- Paris, France: Approximately 13 hours and 50 minutes
- São Paulo, Brazil: About 23 hours and 32 minutes
- Los Angeles, USA: Around 15 hours and 52 minutes
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Approximately 9 hours and 51 minutes
These times are subject to variations based on specific routes, airlines, and wind speeds.