When Is the Best Time to Visit Guam?
The best time to visit Guam is during the dry season, which runs from December to May. During these months, the weather is generally sunny and warm, with little rainfall. This makes it ideal for enjoying the island’s many outdoor activities, such as swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, and diving.
Benefits of visiting Guam during the dry season:
- Sunny weather: Guam has a tropical climate, with warm temperatures and humidity year-round. However, the dry season offers the best chance of sunny weather, with less rainfall and more sunshine. This makes it ideal for enjoying the island’s many outdoor attractions.
- Clear waters: The dry season is also the best time to visit Guam for its clear waters. This is because there is less rainfall and runoff during this time of year, which means that the water is more visible and there is less chance of algae blooms.
- Fewer crowds: Guam is a popular tourist destination, but the dry season is less crowded than the peak summer season. This means you’ll be able to enjoy the island’s attractions without having to deal with large crowds.
- Lower prices: Prices for flights, accommodation, and activities are generally lower during the dry season than during the peak summer season. This means you can save money on your trip without having to sacrifice quality.
Specific examples of how you can enjoy the most of Guam during the dry season:
- December to January: The weather in December and January is typically sunny and warm, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit Tumon Bay, Ritidian Point, and Asan Beach. You can go swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, and diving.
- February to May: The weather in February to May is also typically sunny and warm, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit Two Lovers Point, Talofofo Falls, and the War in the Pacific National Historical Park. You can go hiking, biking, and explore historic sites.
While it is possible to visit Guam at any time of year, the dry season of December to May offers the best combination of sunny weather, clear waters, fewer crowds, and lower prices.
Climate in Guam
Summer Season in Guam
Often referred to as 'summer' in Guam, the wet season is characterized by higher temperatures, increased humidity, and frequent rainfall. This period also coincides with the region's typhoon season, with the possibility of tropical storms and typhoons. Despite the rain, the temperatures remain warm, and the lush greenery of the island is at its most vibrant, offering beautiful natural scenery.
Rainy Season in Guam
The dry season in Guam, sometimes considered as 'winter', brings cooler and drier weather with lower humidity and less frequent rainfall. This is the peak tourist season, offering ideal conditions for outdoor activities like beach-going, hiking, and exploring the island's cultural and historical sites. The weather is generally sunny and pleasant, making it perfect for enjoying Guam's natural beauty and outdoor attractions.
Winter Season in Guam
Guam does not experience a traditional winter with cold weather. The closest to 'winter' would be the cooler part of the dry season, where the temperatures are slightly lower than during the wet season, but the climate remains warm and tropical, suitable for a range of outdoor activities. The concept of winter, as understood in temperate regions, does not apply to Guam's tropical climate.