Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Fiji. The country is served by several international airports, with Nadi International Airport (NAN) and Nausori International Airport (SUV) being major entry points.
- From North America and Europe: Travelers from North America and Europe typically find flights to Fiji via connecting hubs in the Asia-Pacific region. Major airlines like Fiji Airways, Qantas, and Air New Zealand offer routes to Fiji. Flight durations vary depending on your departure location and layovers but can range from 20 to 30 hours or more.
- From Australia and New Zealand: Fiji is easily accessible from Australia and New Zealand, with direct flights from major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, and Wellington. Airlines like Fiji Airways and Virgin Australia operate these routes. Flight durations for these direct flights usually range from 3 to 5 hours.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from other Asian countries, you can catch connecting flights to Fiji from cities like Singapore or Hong Kong. Consider airlines like Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 9 to 15 hours.
How Long Is the Flight to Fiji?
The average flight time to Fiji can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Sydney, Australia: Around 4 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: Approximately 11 hours
- Auckland, New Zealand: About 3 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 9 to 10 hours
- Hong Kong: Approximately 10 hours
- Singapore: About 10 to 11 hours
- Honolulu, USA: Around 6 hours
- Vancouver, Canada: Approximately 11 to 12 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.