Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Armenia. The main international gateway is Zvartnots International Airport (EVN) in the capital city, Yerevan. Here’s how to get to Armenia by air:
- From North America and Europe: Travelers from North America and Europe often reach Armenia through connecting flights in major European cities like Vienna, Paris, or Moscow. Airlines like Austrian Airlines, Air France, and Aeroflot offer routes to Yerevan. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and the number of layovers but typically range from 8 to 14 hours.
- From Other International Locations: If you’re traveling from other international destinations, you can also connect through major European or Middle Eastern hubs to reach Armenia. Flight durations and layovers may vary depending on your specific route.
How Long Is the Flight to Armenia?
The average flight time to Armenia can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Moscow, Russia: Around 3 hours
- Dubai, UAE: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Paris, France: About 4 to 5 hours
- London, UK: Around 4 to 5 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 4 hours
- Tehran, Iran: About 2 hours
- Istanbul, Turkey: Around 2 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 10 to 11 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.