Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is one of the most common and efficient ways to reach Minnesota, a state located in the Upper Midwest of the United States. Minnesota is served by several major airports.
Here’s how to get to Minnesota by air:
- From Within the U.S.: Travelers from within the United States can find direct flights to major airports in Minnesota, including Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) in Minneapolis and Duluth International Airport (DLH) in Duluth. Depart from cities like Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles, and choose airlines like Delta, American, or Sun Country for convenient access to Minnesota. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 2 to 5 hours.
- From International Locations: If you’re coming from outside the United States, you can find connecting flights to Minnesota through major U.S. hubs like Minneapolis, Chicago, or New York. Airlines like Delta, United, and American can facilitate your journey. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 10 to 15 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Minnesota?
The average flight time to Minnesota, typically to Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 2.5 to 3 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Chicago, USA: About 1 to 1.5 hours
- Dallas, USA: Around 2 to 2.5 hours
- Atlanta, USA: Approximately 2 to 2.5 hours
- Miami, USA: About 3 to 4 hours
- San Francisco, USA: Around 3 to 4 hours
- Denver, USA: Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours
These times are general estimates and can be affected by various factors including the specific route, weather conditions, and airline schedules. Direct flights may not be available from all locations, and connections through other major airports might be required.