Accommodations in South Carolina
South Carolina offers a diverse array of accommodations to suit a variety of traveler preferences and interests. From historic inns and oceanfront resorts to city hotels and countryside bed and breakfasts, here are some of the best places to stay in South Carolina, thoughtfully chosen based on their location, amenities, and guest reviews:
- Wentworth Mansion (Charleston): Immerse yourself in the timeless beauty of Charleston at the Wentworth Mansion. This historic inn offers elegant accommodations in a restored mansion, complete with luxurious amenities and a central location in the Holy City. Guests can anticipate a sophisticated and culturally rich stay.
- John Rutledge House Inn (Charleston): Located in Charleston’s historic district, the John Rutledge House Inn provides refined rooms in a historic home, a courtyard, and easy access to the city’s landmarks. Guests can enjoy an authentic and luxurious Charleston experience.
- The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (Kiawah Island): Discover paradise on Kiawah Island at The Sanctuary, an oceanfront resort offering luxurious accommodations, a spa, and access to pristine beaches. Guests can unwind in a serene and upscale coastal setting.
- Marina Inn at Grande Dunes (Myrtle Beach): Situated in Myrtle Beach, the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes provides comfortable rooms, a marina, and golf courses. It’s a perfect choice for those seeking a waterfront escape in this popular coastal destination.
- The Vendue (Charleston): In the heart of Charleston’s historic district, The Vendue offers boutique-style accommodations, an art gallery, and a rooftop bar. Guests can experience a trendy and artistic stay in the city known for its rich history.
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston (Charleston): Located in Charleston, the Grand Bohemian Hotel is a stylish city hotel offering upscale rooms, an art collection, and a central location. Guests can enjoy a chic and cultural stay in the Holy City.
Countryside Bed and Breakfasts
- Hampton Plantation State Historic Site (McClellanville): Nestled in McClellanville, the Hampton Plantation State Historic Site offers comfortable rooms in a historic setting, a plantation grounds to explore, and a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle. Guests can experience a peaceful and educational stay in the Lowcountry.
- Cypress Inn (Conway): Situated in Conway, the Cypress Inn provides cozy rooms, a riverside location, and proximity to the Waccamaw River. Guests can unwind in a charming and natural environment.
Whether you’re interested in historic inns, oceanfront resorts, city hotels, or countryside bed and breakfasts, South Carolina offers a wide range of exceptional accommodations to meet your needs and ensure a memorable experience in the Palmetto State.