Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is one of the most common and efficient ways to reach Indiana, a state in the United States with multiple international airports.
Here’s how to get to Indiana by air:
- From Within the U.S.: Travelers from within the United States can find direct flights to major airports in Indiana, including Indianapolis International Airport (IND) in Indianapolis and Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA) in Fort Wayne. Depart from cities like Chicago, Atlanta, or New York, and choose airlines like Delta, American, or Southwest for convenient access to Indiana. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 1 to 3 hours.
- From International Locations: If you’re coming from outside the United States, you can find direct or connecting flights to Indiana. Major Indiana airports offer international flight services. Airlines like Delta, United, and American Airlines operate routes to Indiana. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 8 to 15 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Indiana?
The average flight time to Indiana, typically to Indianapolis International Airport, can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 2 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: Approximately 4 to 5 hours
- London, UK: About 8 to 9 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Dallas, USA: Around 2 hours
- Chicago, USA: Approximately 1 hour
- Miami, USA: About 2.5 to 3 hours
- Toronto, Canada: Around 1.5 hours
- Atlanta, USA: Approximately 1.5 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights might not be available from all locations, necessitating connections through major U.S. or international hubs.