Where Should You Stay in Saint Thomas?
Saint Thomas, part of the U.S. Virgin Islands, is a destination famed for its picturesque harbors, stunning hilltop views, and rich historical landmarks. From the bustling streets of its capital to the tranquil shores of its secluded beaches, Saint Thomas offers a diverse array of experiences for every traveler. Let’s navigate through the best places to stay in Saint Thomas, making sure your visit is both unforgettable and tailored to your interests.
- Best For: Shopping, historical sites, harbor views.
- Attractions: Fort Christian, Emancipation Garden, 99 Steps, Blackbeard’s Castle.
- Best For: Luxurious resorts, water sports, close to St. John ferry.
- Attractions: Coki Beach, Coral World Ocean Park, Red Hook.
- Best For: Nature lovers, one of the world’s most beautiful beaches.
- Attractions: Magens Bay Beach, Drake’s Seat, Magens Bay Arboretum.
- Best For: Nightlife, dining, ferry access to other islands.
- Attractions: American Yacht Harbor, Vessup Bay, Sapphire Beach.
- Best For: Upscale lodging, stunning bay views, peaceful surroundings.
- Attractions: Morningstar Beach, Frenchman’s Reef, Skyride to Paradise Point.
- Best For: Seclusion, natural scenery, local living experience.
- Attractions: Hull Bay, Dorothea Beach, Phantasea Tropical Botanical Garden.
Finding the Right Spot in Saint Thomas
Choosing the right area in Saint Thomas depends on your personal interests. Charlotte Amalie offers a mix of history, shopping, and urban charm. East End is perfect for luxury seekers and water sport enthusiasts, while Magens Bay is ideal for those who love nature and want to relax on one of the world’s top beaches.
Red Hook is a hub for nightlife and dining with easy access to nearby islands. Frenchman’s Bay offers upscale accommodation with breathtaking views, and the North Side is great for travelers seeking a more secluded and authentic local experience.
Each area in Saint Thomas presents a unique facet of Caribbean beauty, from the historical richness of Charlotte Amalie to the tranquil shores of Magens Bay, ensuring your stay is as adventurous or as relaxing as you desire.