Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Travelers can reach Guatemala efficiently by air, with options from North America, Central America, South America, and other international destinations.
Here is how to reach Guatemala by air:
- From North America: Travelers from the United States and Canada can find direct or connecting flights to major Guatemalan cities like Guatemala City, Antigua, and Flores. Airlines like American Airlines, Delta, and United offer flights to Guatemala. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 2 to 6 hours or more.
- From Central America: Travelers from other Central American countries can find direct or connecting flights to Guatemala. Airlines like Avianca, Copa Airlines, and Aeromexico offer flights to Guatemala. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 1 to 3 hours or more.
- From South America: Travelers from South American countries can find connecting flights to Guatemala via major Central American or North American hubs. Consider airlines like Avianca, Copa Airlines, or Aeromexico for connecting to Guatemala. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 6 to 12 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Guatemala is well-connected to various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Madrid, San José, or Mexico City. Airlines like Iberia, Avianca, and Aeromexico offer routes to Guatemala. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 15 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Guatemala?
The average flight time to Guatemala can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common destinations:
- Miami, USA: About 2 to 3 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: Approximately 4 to 5 hours
- Mexico City, Mexico: About 2 hours
- Houston, USA: Around 2 to 3 hours
- New York City, USA: Approximately 5 to 6 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 5 to 6 hours
- Madrid, Spain: Around 10 to 11 hours
- Dallas, USA: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
These flight times are general estimates and can vary based on the specific airline, route, and current travel conditions. It’s always best to check with the airlines or a travel agency for the most accurate and up-to-date information.