Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Maui. The island has one major airport:
- Kahului Airport (OGG): Situated on the northern coast of Maui, OGG serves as the primary gateway for travelers visiting the island. Direct flights to OGG are available from major West Coast cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. Flight durations typically range from 5 to 6 hours from the West Coast.
Travelers from other Hawaiian islands can also reach Maui by inter-island flights, with short flight durations ranging from 20 minutes to one hour.
How Long Is the Flight to Maui?
The average flight time to Maui (Kahului Airport) in Hawaii can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Los Angeles, USA: Around 5.5 to 6 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 9 to 10 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: About 8 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- London, UK: About 17 to 18 hours (usually with a stopover)
- San Francisco, USA: Approximately 5 hours
- Vancouver, Canada: Around 6 hours
- Seattle, USA: Approximately 6 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights may not be available from all locations, requiring connections through major airports on the mainland United States or other Pacific hubs.