Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Kauai. The island has one major airport:
- Lihue Airport (LIH): Located on the eastern side of the island, LIH serves as the primary gateway for travelers visiting Kauai. Direct flights to LIH are available from major West Coast cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. Flight durations typically range from 5 to 6 hours from the West Coast.
Travelers from other Hawaiian islands can also reach Kauai by inter-island flights, with short flight durations ranging from 20 minutes to one hour.
How Long Is the Flight to Kauai?
The average flight time to Kauai (Lihue Airport) in Hawaii can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Los Angeles, USA: Around 6 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 9 to 10 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: About 7 to 8 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- London, UK: About 17 to 18 hours (usually with a stopover)
- San Francisco, USA: Approximately 5 to 6 hours
- Vancouver, Canada: Around 6 hours
- Seattle, USA: Approximately 6 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights may not be available from all locations, requiring connections through major airports on the mainland United States or other Pacific hubs.