Accommodations in Greenland
Greenland offers a variety of accommodations to cater to different traveler preferences and interests. From wilderness lodges and ice camp experiences to coastal hotels and cultural stays, here are some of the best places to stay in Greenland, thoughtfully selected based on their location, amenities, and guest reviews:
- Arctic Watch Wilderness Lodge (Somerset Island): Immerse yourself in the Arctic wilderness. This wilderness lodge offers cozy accommodations, a remote location in the Canadian Arctic, and opportunities to observe Arctic wildlife. Guests can anticipate a unique and nature-focused stay in the far north.
- Kangerlussuaq Hotel (Kangerlussuaq): Located in Kangerlussuaq, this wilderness lodge provides comfortable rooms, access to the ice cap, and opportunities for hiking and Northern Lights viewing. Guests can experience a tranquil and Arctic adventure in one of Greenland’s most accessible areas.
Ice Camp Experiences
- Greenland Ice Camp (Ilulissat): Escape to the world of ice and glaciers. This ice camp offers basic but adventurous accommodations on the Greenland ice sheet, complete with ice tunnel exploration and dogsledding experiences. Guests can unwind in a unique and Arctic environment.
- East Greenland Tented Camps (East Greenland): Situated in East Greenland, these tented camps offer remote accommodations and a chance to explore the untouched wilderness. Guests can immerse themselves in the pristine and unspoiled landscapes of Greenland’s east coast.
- Hotel Arctic (Ilulissat): Immerse yourself in the beauty of Greenland’s west coast. This coastal hotel offers comfortable rooms, a seafront location, and access to the famous Ilulissat Icefjord. Guests can anticipate a cozy and scenic stay in one of Greenland’s most iconic destinations.
- Inuk Hostels (Nuuk): Located in the capital city of Nuuk, this coastal hotel provides simple and budget-friendly accommodations, proximity to the city’s cultural attractions, and views of the fjord. Guests can enjoy a cultural and urban stay in Greenland’s largest town.
- Kulusuk Hostel (Kulusuk): Immerse yourself in the cultural heritage of the Inuit people. This cultural stay offers basic accommodations on Kulusuk Island, opportunities to meet locals, and traditional activities. Guests can experience an authentic and community-focused stay in a remote Inuit village.
- Qasigiannguit Seamen’s Home (Qasigiannguit): Located in Qasigiannguit, this cultural stay provides simple rooms, a connection to the local fishing culture, and the chance to participate in traditional activities. Guests can unwind in a hospitable and community-oriented setting.
Whether you’re interested in wilderness lodges, ice camp experiences, coastal hotels, or cultural stays, Greenland offers a wide range of unique accommodations to meet your needs and ensure an unforgettable experience in this land of ice and Arctic wonders.