Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Cyprus, with Larnaca International Airport (LCA) and Paphos International Airport (PFO) being the primary gateways to the island.
Here’s how to get to Cyprus by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find connecting flights to Larnaca or Paphos International Airport. Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Chicago, and choose airlines like British Airways, Lufthansa, or Turkish Airlines for your journey to Cyprus. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 10 to 16 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to Larnaca or Paphos. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Berlin, and choose airlines like Ryanair, EasyJet, or Aegean Airlines for your journey to Cyprus. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 3 hours or less.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to Larnaca or Paphos via major European hubs like Istanbul, Athens, or Dubai. Consider airlines like Turkish Airlines, Aegean Airlines, or Emirates for connecting to Cyprus. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 12 to 18 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Cyprus is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Moscow, or Tel Aviv. Airlines like Emirates, Aeroflot, and EL AL offer routes to Cyprus. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Cyprus?
The average flight time to Cyprus can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 4.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Dubai, UAE: About 4 hours
- Moscow, Russia: Around 3.5 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Paris, France: About 4 hours
- Athens, Greece: Around 1.5 hours
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Approximately 4.5 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.