When Is the Best Time to Visit St. John?
The best time to visit Saint John is during the dry season, which runs from December to May. During these months, the weather is sunny and warm, with less rainfall, making it ideal for exploring the island’s many attractions.
Here are some of the benefits of visiting Saint John during the dry season:
- Mild weather: The weather in Saint John during the dry season is generally mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. This means you can enjoy the island’s beaches, rainforests, and mountains without being too hot or too cold.
- Sunny skies: The dry season in Saint John is known for its sunny skies, with little rainfall. This means you can enjoy the island’s stunning scenery without having to worry about getting wet.
- Less rainfall: With less rainfall during the dry season, you can be sure that your travel plans won’t be disrupted by bad weather.
Here are some specific examples of how to enjoy the most of Saint John during the dry season:
- December to February: The weather in December, January, and February is typically warm and sunny, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit for swimming and sunbathing at the beaches of Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay, exploring the Virgin Islands National Park, and visiting the Annaberg Plantation ruins.
- March to May: The weather in March and May is also typically warm and sunny, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit for hiking in the Reef Bay Trail, diving in the Coral Reef National Monument, and attending the St. John Carnival.
While there are many great times to visit Saint John, if you’re looking for the best weather and the most opportunities to enjoy the island’s many attractions, then we recommend visiting during the dry season, from December to May.
Climate in St. John
Summer Season in St. John
Saint John's summer season, from June to August, offers warm and tropical weather, with temperatures ranging from 79°F to 90°F. It's an ideal time for beach vacations, water sports, and exploring the island's stunning sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters. The warm and humid weather is perfect for outdoor activities and enjoying the local culture and cuisine.
Rainy Season in St. John
St. John experiences some rainfall throughout the year, but there isn't a distinct rainy season. Showers can occur, but they are typically short-lived and don't significantly affect travel plans.
Winter Season in St. John
Saint John's winter season, from December to April, provides milder and more comfortable temperatures, ranging from 75°F to 85°F. This is the prime time for beach vacations, outdoor adventures, and exploring the island's natural beauty. The dry and cooler weather is ideal for enjoying the natural beauty and cultural traditions of Saint John.