Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Puerto Rico. Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) in San Juan is the primary gateway. Here’s how to get to Puerto Rico by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct flights to Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport. Depart from major cities like New York, Miami, or Orlando, and choose airlines like American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, or JetBlue. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 3 to 5 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find connecting flights to Puerto Rico. Depart from cities like London, Madrid, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like British Airways, Iberia, or Lufthansa. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 8 to 12 hours.
- From South America: Travelers from South America can find direct or connecting flights to Puerto Rico. Depart from cities like Bogotá, Caracas, or São Paulo, and choose airlines like Avianca, Copa Airlines, or LATAM Airlines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 4 to 8 hours.
- From Other International Destinations: Puerto Rico is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Panama City, Santo Domingo, or Toronto. Airlines like Copa Airlines, Avianca, and WestJet offer routes to Puerto Rico. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 2 to 10 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Puerto Rico?
The average flight time to Jamaica can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 3.5 to 4 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 9 to 10 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 4 hours
- Miami, USA: Around 1.5 to 2 hours
- Atlanta, USA: Approximately 3 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: About 6 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Around 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Panama City, Panama: Approximately 2 to 3 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.