Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Haiti. Toussaint Louverture International Airport (PAP) in Port-au-Prince is the primary gateway.
Here’s how to get to Haiti by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct flights to Toussaint Louverture International Airport. Depart from major cities like Miami, New York, or Fort Lauderdale, and choose airlines like American Airlines, JetBlue, or Spirit Airlines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 2 to 4 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find connecting flights to Haiti. Depart from cities like Paris, Madrid, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like Air France, Iberia, or Condor. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 8 to 12 hours.
- From South America: Travelers from South America can find connecting flights to Haiti. Depart from cities like Bogotá, Caracas, or São Paulo, and choose airlines like Avianca, Copa Airlines, or GOL. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 4 to 7 hours.
- From Other International Destinations: Haiti is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Santo Domingo, Panama City, or Montreal. Airlines like Sunrise Airways, Copa Airlines, and Air Transat offer routes to Haiti. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 2 to 10 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Haiti?
The average flight time to Haiti can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Miami, USA: Around 2 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 3.5 to 4 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 4 to 5 hours
- Paris, France: Around 9 to 10 hours
- Atlanta, USA: Approximately 3 hours
- Fort Lauderdale, USA: About 2 hours
- Montreal, Canada: Around 4 to 5 hours
- Panama City, Panama: Approximately 2.5 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.