Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach the Cayman Islands, with Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) on Grand Cayman serving as the primary gateway.
Here’s how to get to the Cayman Islands by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct flights to Owen Roberts International Airport. Depart from major cities like Miami, New York, or Atlanta, and choose airlines like American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, or Southwest. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 2 to 4 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find connecting flights to the Cayman Islands. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like British Airways, Air France, or Lufthansa. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 12 to 15 hours.
- From South America: Travelers from South America can find connecting flights to the Cayman Islands. Depart from cities like Bogotá, São Paulo, or Caracas, and choose airlines like Copa Airlines or Avianca. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 4 to 7 hours.
- From Other International Destinations: The Cayman Islands are accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Toronto, Panama City, or Kingston. Airlines like Cayman Airways, WestJet, and American Airlines offer routes to the Cayman Islands. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 2 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to the Cayman Islands?
The average flight time to the Cayman Islands can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Miami, USA: Around 1.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 3.5 to 4 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 4 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Atlanta, USA: Around 2.5 to 3 hours
- Dallas, USA: Approximately 4 hours
- Charlotte, USA: About 3 hours
- Chicago, USA: Around 4 to 5 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.