Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Bermuda. L.F. Wade International Airport (BDA) in St. George’s is the primary gateway.
Here’s how to get to Bermuda by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct flights to L.F. Wade International Airport. Depart from major cities like New York, Boston, or Atlanta, and choose airlines like JetBlue, American Airlines, or Delta Air Lines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 2 to 4 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find direct or connecting flights to Bermuda. Depart from cities like London, Manchester, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like British Airways, American Airlines, or Air Canada. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 11 hours.
- From South America: Travelers from South America can find connecting flights to Bermuda. Depart from cities like São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, or Bogotá, and choose airlines like American Airlines or LATAM Airlines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 12 hours.
- From Other International Destinations: Bermuda is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Toronto, Nassau, or the Azores. Airlines like WestJet, Air Canada, and Azores Airlines offer routes to Bermuda. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 2 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Bermuda?
The average flight time to Bermuda can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 2 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 7 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 3 hours
- Miami, USA: Around 2.5 hours
- Boston, USA: Approximately 2 hours
- Atlanta, USA: About 3 hours
- Philadelphia, USA: Around 2 hours
- Washington D.C., USA: Approximately 2 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.