Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Barbados. Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI) is the primary airport serving the island.
Here’s how to get to Barbados by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct flights to Grantley Adams International Airport. Depart from major cities like New York, Miami, or Toronto, and choose airlines like American Airlines, JetBlue, or Air Canada. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 4 to 6 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find direct or connecting flights to Grantley Adams International Airport. Depart from cities like London, Manchester, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, or Condor. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 10 hours.
- From South America: Travelers from South America can find direct or connecting flights to Barbados. Depart from cities like São Paulo, Buenos Aires, or Caracas, and choose airlines like Avianca, Copa Airlines, or Caribbean Airlines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 5 to 8 hours.
- From Other International Destinations: Barbados is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Bridgetown, Barbados, Panama City, or Toronto. Airlines like WestJet, Copa Airlines, and Caribbean Airlines offer routes to Barbados. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Barbados?
The average flight time to Barbados can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 4.5 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 8 to 9 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 5 hours
- Miami, USA: Around 3.5 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 9 to 10 hours (usually with a stopover)
- São Paulo, Brazil: About 6 to 7 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Los Angeles, USA: Around 8 to 9 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Approximately 9 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.