Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach the Bahamas. Multiple international airports serve the islands, including Lynden Pindling International Airport in Nassau (NAS) and Grand Bahama International Airport in Freeport (FPO).
Here’s how to get to the Bahamas by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct flights to various Bahamian airports. Depart from major cities like Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Atlanta, and choose airlines like American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, or Southwest. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 1 to 4 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can reach the Bahamas via connecting flights. Depart from cities like London, Frankfurt, or Paris, and choose airlines like British Airways, Lufthansa, or Air France. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 9 to 12 hours.
- From South America: Travelers from South America can find connecting flights to the Bahamas. Depart from cities like São Paulo, Bogotá, or Caracas, and choose airlines like Copa Airlines or Avianca. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 5 to 8 hours.
- From Other International Destinations: The Bahamas are accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Toronto, Panama City, or Dubai. Airlines like Air Canada, Bahamasair, and British Airways offer routes to the Bahamas. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 3 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to the Bahamas?
The average flight time to the Bahamas can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 3 hours
- Miami, USA: Approximately 1 hour
- London, UK: About 9 to 10 hours
- Toronto, Canada: Around 3.5 hours
- Atlanta, USA: Approximately 2 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: About 5 to 6 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Around 9 to 10 hours (usually with a stopover)
- São Paulo, Brazil: Approximately 8 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.