When Is the Best Time to Visit Anguilla?
The best time to visit Antigua is during the dry season, from December to April. During these months, the weather is sunny and warm, with average temperatures ranging from 77 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit. There is also less rainfall during the dry season, making it ideal for exploring the island’s many outdoor attractions.
Here are some of the benefits of visiting Antigua during the dry season:
- Mild weather: The weather in Antigua during the dry season is generally mild and pleasant, making it ideal for sightseeing, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
- Sunny skies: The dry season in Antigua is known for its sunny skies, with little rainfall. This means you can enjoy the island’s beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and historic sites without having to worry about getting wet.
- Clear waters: The dry season is also the best time to go diving and snorkeling in Antigua, as the waters are clearer and visibility is better.
- Less rainfall: With less rainfall during the dry season, you can be sure that your travel plans won’t be disrupted by bad weather.
Here are some specific examples of how you can enjoy the most of Antigua during the dry season:
- December to February: The weather in December, January, and February is typically warm and sunny, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit for swimming and sunbathing at the beaches of Grace Bay, exploring the Nelson’s Dockyard UNESCO World Heritage Site, and attending the Antigua Sailing Week.
- March to April: The weather in March and April is also typically warm and sunny, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit for sailing and snorkeling in the turquoise waters, hiking in the Wallings Nature Reserve, and visiting the Betty’s Hope Plantation.
While there are many great times to visit Antigua, if you’re looking for the best weather and the most opportunities to enjoy the island’s outdoor activities, then we recommend visiting during the dry season, from December to April.
Climate in Anguilla
Summer Season in Anguilla
Summers in Anguilla are warm and sunny with higher humidity and temperatures typically ranging from 28°C to 31°C (82°F to 88°F). This season is also the start of the Atlantic hurricane season (June to November), with the possibility of tropical storms and hurricanes, although direct hits are rare. Summer is characterized by longer days, making it a great time for beach activities, water sports, and exploring the island's natural beauty.
Rainy Season in Anguilla
The rainy season in Anguilla overlaps with the late summer and early winter months. This period brings increased rainfall, usually in the form of short, intense showers, often occurring in the late afternoon or evening. Despite the rain, temperatures remain warm, and the island's flora becomes particularly lush and vibrant during this time.
Winter Season in Anguilla
Winters in Anguilla are mild and dry, with lower humidity and temperatures averaging around 25°C to 28°C (77°F to 82°F). This season is considered the peak tourist period, offering ideal conditions for outdoor activities and relaxation. Winter provides a perfect escape from colder climates, featuring sunny days and comfortable temperatures ideal for enjoying the island’s beaches and outdoor attractions.