Where Should You Stay in Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe, a country known for its dramatic landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and iconic wildlife, is a destination that offers a wide range of experiences for travelers. From the majestic Victoria Falls to the vast wilderness of Hwange National Park, choosing the right place to stay in Zimbabwe is crucial for an immersive and unforgettable African adventure.
Whether you’re looking for the excitement of adventure activities, the serenity of the African bush, or a deep dive into history and culture, Zimbabwe’s regions provide a plethora of options for every traveler. Let’s embark on a journey to discover the best places to stay in Zimbabwe, ensuring your visit is not only memorable but perfectly in tune with your interests.
- Best For: Breathtaking natural wonders, adventure sports, river cruises.
- Attractions: Victoria Falls, Zambezi River activities, Devil’s Pool.
- Best For: Urban culture, historical sites, gardens and parks.
- Attractions: The National Gallery of Zimbabwe, Harare Gardens, Chapungu Sculpture Park.
Hwange National Park
- Best For: Big Five wildlife safaris, bird watching, game drives.
- Attractions: Hwange National Park, Painted Dog Conservation, Nyamandhlovu Platform.
- Best For: Cultural history, colonial architecture, nearby Matobo National Park.
- Attractions: Bulawayo Railway Museum, Khami Ruins, Matobo Hills.
Mana Pools National Park
- Best For: Remote wilderness, canoeing, walking safaris.
- Attractions: Zambezi River, wildlife sightings, Mana Pools.
- Best For: Lake views, fishing, houseboat holidays.
- Attractions: Lake Kariba, Matusadona National Park, Tiger fish angling.
- Best For: Ancient ruins, historical exploration, cultural significance.
- Attractions: Great Zimbabwe National Monument, Lake Mutirikwi, local village tours.
Nyanga National Park
- Best For: Scenic highlands, hiking, trout fishing.
- Attractions: Mount Nyangani, Mutarazi Falls, Nyanga National Park.
Finding the Right Area
Choosing the perfect location in Zimbabwe depends on your personal interests. For those enchanted by natural wonders and adventure, Victoria Falls is a must-visit. If you’re drawn to wildlife and the African bush, Hwange National Park offers one of Africa’s finest safari experiences.
Alternatively, for a blend of history and scenic beauty, the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe and the highlands of Nyanga present unique insights into the country’s past and natural landscapes. No matter your preference, Zimbabwe’s diverse offerings ensure a stay as captivating and diverse as the land itself.