Accommodations in Uganda
From safari lodges in national parks to charming guesthouses in the capital city, Uganda offers a diverse array of accommodations to cater to various traveler preferences and budgets. Here are some of the best places to stay in Uganda, based on location, amenities, and guest reviews:
- Mweya Safari Lodge (Queen Elizabeth National Park): Situated in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Mweya Safari Lodge offers comfortable rooms, stunning views of the Kazinga Channel, and wildlife safaris. It’s an excellent choice for a safari experience.
- Buhoma Lodge (Bwindi Impenetrable Forest): Buhoma Lodge is located near Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, offering cozy cottages, gorilla trekking experiences, and a serene environment for nature lovers.
- Paraa Safari Lodge (Murchison Falls National Park): Paraa Safari Lodge overlooks the Nile River in Murchison Falls National Park. It features comfortable rooms, river cruises, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- BirdNest @ Bunyonyi Resort (Lake Bunyonyi): Nestled beside Lake Bunyonyi, this tranquil resort offers comfortable cottages, birdwatching, and water activities. It’s a great choice for a peaceful lakeside escape.
- Red Chilli Hideaway (Kampala): Located in the capital city, Red Chilli Hideaway offers budget-friendly dormitory-style and private rooms, a lively atmosphere, and a pool. It’s an ideal option for backpackers and those on a budget.
- Fat Cat Backpackers (Jinja): Fat Cat Backpackers is a budget-friendly guesthouse in Jinja, providing basic accommodations, a bar, and proximity to the Nile River for adventure activities.
- Lake Heights Hotel (Entebbe): This mid-range hotel in Entebbe offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant serving local and international cuisine, and proximity to Lake Victoria and the Entebbe Botanical Gardens.
- Gately Inn Entebbe (Entebbe): Gately Inn provides mid-range accommodations, a restaurant, and a tranquil garden setting. It’s an excellent option for travelers exploring Entebbe and its surroundings.
Whether you’re interested in gorilla trekking, going on a safari, or exploring the cities and natural wonders of Uganda, you’ll find a variety of accommodation options to meet your needs and budget.