Accommodations in Madagascar
From luxurious beachfront resorts to eco-friendly lodges in the heart of nature, Madagascar offers a diverse array of accommodations to suit various preferences and budgets. Here are some of the best places to stay in Madagascar, based on location, amenities, and guest reviews:
- Anjajavy Le Lodge (Anjajavy): This luxury lodge is nestled in a remote and pristine location on the northwest coast of Madagascar. It offers elegant bungalows, a private beach, guided nature walks, and the opportunity to spot lemurs and other unique wildlife.
- Constance Tsarabanjina (Nosy Mitsio): For an exclusive beachfront experience, Constance Tsarabanjina is a private island resort with overwater bungalows, white sandy beaches, and excellent diving and snorkeling opportunities.
- Vakona Forest Lodge (Andasibe): Located near Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, this mid-range lodge provides comfortable accommodations, a restaurant serving local and international cuisine, and easy access to the park’s incredible biodiversity, including the indri lemurs.
- Jardin du Roy (Isalo): Situated near Isalo National Park, Jardin du Roy offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and stunning views of the surrounding sandstone formations. It’s an ideal base for hiking and exploring the park.
- Chez Maggie Hotel (Antananarivo): This budget-friendly hotel in the capital city offers clean and simple rooms, an on-site restaurant, and a friendly atmosphere. It’s suitable for travelers seeking affordability and convenience.
- Le Repaire (Nosy Be): Located on the island of Nosy Be, Le Repaire offers budget-friendly rooms with sea views, a restaurant serving fresh seafood, and a laid-back beachfront ambiance.
- Peace Corps Madagascar Hostel (Antananarivo): For a wallet-friendly option, the Peace Corps Hostel provides basic accommodations, a communal kitchen, and a social environment. It’s an excellent choice for budget-conscious travelers and backpackers.
Whether you’re interested in exploring Madagascar’s unique wildlife, hiking in its national parks, or relaxing on its stunning beaches, you’ll find a variety of accommodation options in Madagascar to meet your needs and budget.