Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Air travel is the most common and efficient way to reach Libya. The primary international gateway to Libya is Mitiga International Airport (MJI) in the capital, Tripoli. Benghazi Benina International Airport (BEN) is another significant international airport in the country.
- From North America and Europe: Travelers from North America and Europe often find flights to Tripoli or Benghazi with one or more layovers. Major airlines like Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, and others operate routes to Libya.
- From Other International Locations: If you’re traveling from other international destinations, you can typically find flights to Libya via major connecting hubs in the Middle East and Europe. Airlines like EgyptAir and Qatar Airways offer routes to Libya.
Flight durations vary depending on your departure location, but most international flights to Libya take several hours.
How Long Is the Flight to Libya?
The average flight time to Libya can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 11 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Paris, France: About 3 hours
- Cairo, Egypt: Around 2 hours
- Istanbul, Turkey: Approximately 2.5 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 6 hours
- Mumbai, India: Approximately 7 hours
- Beijing, China: Around 10 hours
Please note that these are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary depending on the specific flight path, weather conditions, and other factors.