Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
- From North America and Europe: Travelers from North America and Europe often find direct or connecting flights to Egypt from major cities like New York, London, and Paris. Major airlines like EgyptAir, British Airways, and Lufthansa operate flights to Egypt. Flight durations can vary based on departure location and layovers, but typically range from 8 to 12 hours.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from other Asian countries, you can catch direct flights to Egypt from cities like Tokyo, Seoul, or Singapore. Consider airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, or Turkish Airlines for connecting to various Egyptian cities.
- From Other International Locations: Egypt is well-connected to international destinations, and you can find flights from cities like Sydney, Dubai, or Johannesburg. Airlines like Emirates, Qantas, and EgyptAir offer routes to Egypt. Flight durations depend on the departure location and route but can range from 8 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Egypt?
The average flight time to Egypt can vary significantly depending on the departure city, airline, and specific route taken. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common departure cities:
- Sydney, Australia: About 18 hours and 24 minutes
- London, United Kingdom: Approximately 5 hours and 7 minutes
- New York, USA: Around 11 hours and 54 minutes
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Approximately 3 hours and 31 minutes
- Tokyo, Japan: About 12 hours and 25 minutes
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Around 7 hours and 49 minutes
- Beijing, China: Approximately 9 hours and 54 minutes
These times are based on direct flights and assume an average flight speed for a commercial airliner. Actual flight durations may vary depending on factors like wind speeds and specific flight routes.