If you’ve wanted a Mediterranean island adventure in the summer in the middle of the Aegean Sea, make sure to check out Paros, one of the most beautiful and popular islands in Greece.
Its unique combination of natural beauty, well-developed infrastructure, and rich history and culture make it a perfect stop for every traveler.
But, as with any tropical destination, it can be challenging to find the best area to stay to capture all that Paros has to offer. But don’t worry — we’ve rounded up our favorite parts of the island. Let us be your guide!
The 4 Best Places to Stay in Paros
Paros is a definitive magnet for tourists and much more developed than its immediate neighbor — Naxos. Simply put, there are nice places to stay on every side of the island.
Our favorites include:
- Naoussa: A charming and very beautiful fishing village with a lovely old port and striking beaches, it’s the most obvious choice for every first-time visitor to Paros.
- Parikia: A typical island capital, it’s the richest place in Paros in terms of culture and history, boasting one of the most beautiful churches in Greece and numerous accommodation options and restaurants.
- Piso Livadi: The obvious choice for a family-oriented vacation, Piso Livadi has plenty of shallow and clean beaches, numerous boat cruises and activities, and a generally calm and relaxed atmosphere.
- Chrissi Akti (Golden Beach): A paradise for water sports enthusiasts, especially for wind-surfers, Chrissi Akti also has one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, along with plenty of restaurants and cafes.
The Best Areas & Hotels in Paros
As a major tourist destination, Paros is packed with hotels, apartments, and all the other accommodation options under the sun.
Whether you’re looking for a one- or two-star budget hotel, a mid-range hotel or apartment, or a super luxurious and expensive five-star accommodation — you’re sure to find them all. But there are still some things you have to know.
The accommodation options, for example, are not equally distributed along the island. The inland is — obviously — practically without any. Almost all the hotels are located in the coastal villages.
There’s practically no place along the coast of Paros where you can’t find accommodation. That being said, you’ll only find a true variety of options in the four places on our list: Naoussa, Parikia, Piso Livadi, and Chrissi Akti. Let’s start with Naoussa.
We are starting our adventure through Paros with Naoussa, a small but charming fishing village that has attracted tourists from all around the world for ages.
Located just six miles from the capital, Parikia, it looks precisely like a postcard representing this part of Greece: plenty of shiny white houses, a charming harbor, scattered boats and yachts, and a sea as clean as a mirror.
Although a former fishing village, today, Naoussa is a major tourist destination. If you love the sun, the beach, and the sea, Naoussa is definitely the right place for you.
There are plenty of sandy beaches in the area — some of them you can reach by foot, but for others, you’ll need a car or some other form of transport. Piperi Beach and Agioi Anargyroi Beach are within the limits of the city.
The second of the two is basically one of the largest attractions in the village. Aside from the beaches, make sure to check out the Old Port of Naoussa.
All clad in white and blue (chairs and tables in the restaurants included), with the recognizable white-washed cottages, it’s the unofficial center of the city. There are plenty of boats anchored in the harbor at all times, as well as the best seafood restaurants and taverns in the city.
Although Parikia is the place where you should look for culture and history, there are some interesting landmarks in Naoussa as well.
First, there’s the once mighty Venetian fortress on the shores of the village that’s definitely worth your time. Second, the lovely Chapel of Agios Nikolaos, also located by the sea, is the central religious building in the city.
The accommodation options in Naoussa are simply fabulous, and that’s one of the reasons why it’s the first location on our list. There are plenty of hotels suitable for everybody’s pocket. The restaurants — as is usual on the islands in Greece — mostly serve seafood and are great.
Naoussa Budget Hotels
- Minoa Hotel is a two-star hotel with a great balanced location: just 150 meters from the beautiful center of Naoussa and very close to Agioi Anargyroi Beach. The hotel also offers a view of the Aegean Sea and the lush garden on the premises, and the tavern on the premises serves exquisite traditional Greek food. Also, there’s a bus stop very close to the hotel.
- Atlantis Hotel is another very cheap two-star hotel, mostly booked because of its beautiful courtyard that’s perfect for a nourishing breakfast before you hit the beaches of Paros. The hotel also provides free Wi-Fi and free parking, has a lovely outdoor swimming pool, and a charming bar on the premises.
Naoussa Mid-Range Hotels
- Hotel Bilia is a decently priced three-star hotel built in Cycladic style — all clad in white and blue. The hotel is strategically located between the city center of Naoussa (just a two-minute stroll) and the Piperi Beach. It offers an outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, and parking, as well as an airport shuttle.
- Hotel Naoussa is another decently priced three-star hotel, but it’s located further away from the center of the city. It’s still close to the sea, though, and there’s a bus stop nearby to take you to the center. There’s an outdoor swimming pool, a bar on the premises, and a lovely breakfast in the morning.
Naoussa Luxury Hotels
- Lilly Residence-All Sea View Suites, Adults Only is a perfect choice if you want to spend a lot of money and get treated like a celebrity. This luxurious and amazing five-star hotel has no less than six swimming pools, rooms furnished with chic furniture, extra silent air conditioning, original paintings, and plenty of other services. The hotel, by the way, is located on the beachfront.
- Parilio, a Member of Design Hotels is a less expensive and luxurious five-star hotel that’ll still provide the experience of your life. The list of things that the hotel offers are the following: a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a bar and a restaurant on the premises, a fitness center, and a spa and wellness center. The hotel offers an airport shuttle as well.
The second place in our guide belongs to Parikia, the capital city (or better village) of Paros and the largest settlement on the island, with a population of around 4,500 people.
It’s a quintessential Cycladic town, with a beautiful old port, a maze of narrow cobbled streets, and plenty of houses and cottages clad in the recognizable blue and white. It’s also the commercial and cultural center of Paros, with numerous shops and historical landmarks.
You can do most of the shopping on the main commercial street of the city, located in the Old Town, called Lohagou Fokianou Street. Here you can buy everything from food and clothes to souvenirs and memorabilia.
The harbor, on the other hand, is not only charming and beautiful but also full of restaurants, cafes, and nightclubs — a great place to have a late stroll, lunch, or a night out.
But the real fun starts when you turn your attention to the history of the city, as Parikia is the best option for history lovers. One of the most beautiful churches in Greece, for example, is located precisely here.
Panagia Ekatondapiliani (literally translated as “the church with 100 doors”) is extremely old and very striking. It was built in the early fourth century by the legendary Saint Helen (the mother of Roman Emperor Constantine the Great) and later improved by Justinian the Great.
The second most important landmark is the post-Byzantine or Venetian Frankish Castle Parikia, built to fortify the Venetian rule on Naxos and Paros.
There’s not much left of the castle today, but the parts that stand are truly formidable. The accommodation and restaurant options in the capital are simply great.
Much like Naoussa, there are plenty of hotels, apartments, and holiday homes in almost all price ranges. One thing is different, though: there are not many luxurious options as in Naoussa, but there are plenty more budget hotels.
Parikia Budget Hotels
- Hotel Livadia is a very cheap one-star accommodation with a great location on the waterfront. All the rooms are equipped with modern amenities and have private bathrooms. The views of the Aegean Sea from the terraces are also marvelous. Finally, there’s free parking and free Wi-Fi, and the premises of the hotel are completely pet-friendly.
- Hotel Cyclades is a gorgeous and relatively cheap two-star hotel, which, as the name suggests, is a perfect visual representation of the white-clad Cycladic culture. Its rooms have air conditioning, plenty of modern amenities, and simple but charming wooden furniture. There’s no pool, but the location is great, and the breakfast is superb.
Parikia Mid-Range Hotels
- Panorama Paros is a great three-star hotel with a great location on a small street opposite the bay of Parikia. It’s decorated in a traditional Cycladic style, it boasts an outdoor swimming pool, and it has a restaurant and bar on the premises. Rich breakfast is served in the morning, and the bar offers a wide range of cocktails.
- Hotel Aegeon is another very nice and relatively cheap three-star hotel located ten minutes both from the beach of Parikia and its harbor. The hotel’s minimalist decorations make for a more than relaxing vibe. More importantly, though, it’s very clean and boasts an outdoor swimming pool and a lush garden. Traditional breakfast is served at the beautiful sun terrace.
Parikia Luxury Hotels
- Paros Agnanti Hotel is by far the most luxurious and expensive hotel in the capital of Paros. It’s famous for its calm atmosphere and stylishly furnished rooms, equipped with all the amenities. The hotel has a swimming pool and plenty of sporting facilities (even a tennis court). As you’d expect, there’s also a restaurant and bar on the premises.
- La Vue is a four-star holiday home that’s very expensive, but when you see what it has to offer, you’ll realize that it’s worth every penny. We are talking about a huge place that boasts a gorgeous outdoor swimming pool, a lush garden, and a fine terrace with a view. The accommodation also offers free parking, a bar, and free Wi-Fi.
3. Piso Livadi
There’s no better place to have a relaxing vacation with your family in Paros than the small village of Piso Livadi.
Formerly inhabited only by locals, bit by bit, new hotels and apartments, as well as some attractive restaurants, have transformed this place into a family-friendly paradise. Located in the eastern part of Paros, it’s literally on the opposite side of Parikia.
But why is Piso Livadi more suitable for families and small children than the numerous other similar villages on Paros?
First, Piso Livadi is comparatively cheaper than Parikia or Naoussa since it’s neither an important cultural center with plenty of landmarks nor a well-known tourist hub.
In comparison to other not-so-popular villages on the island, it has significantly more accommodation options and restaurants. Simply put, it offers the best of both worlds.
Second, the beaches in the area — especially Piso Livadi Beach — are very warm, shallow, clean, and more than suitable for smaller children. Piso Livadi Beach also boasts plenty of amenities, a great restaurant, and a very calm and relaxing atmosphere.
Third, there are plenty of organized activities — like walking tours and boat tours — that may give a sense of structure and organization to your trip. In that way, the vacation might not get boring for your children since they’ll be constantly occupied by interesting adventures and activities.
Then, the restaurant options overall are simply great. There are plenty of taverns, steakhouses, and seafood places that offer prime quality at a significantly more reasonable price than the more popular places in Paros.
Finally, Piso Livadi is close to some interesting places on the mainland of Paros, like Lefkes, that can be pretty educational and interesting, given the important landmarks and museums.
Piso Livadi Budget Hotels
- Hotel Fisilanis is a charming and cheap two-star hotel with a great location right on the beachfront of Piso Livadi. Located in one of the favorite places in the village, it’s mostly famous for its bright and airy atmosphere, decent on-site bar and restaurant, and superb breakfast in the morning. The hotel also offers facilities for disabled guests.
- Klironomos Apartments Logaras is a really cheap three-star complex of apartments located just 200 meters from the beach of Logaras. All clad in white, with a lush garden and a pretty view, it also offers free parking and free Wi-Fi, as well as rooms equipped with kitchenettes, TVs, and private bathrooms.
Piso Livadi Mid-Range Hotels
- Albatross Hotel is a decent and fairly priced three-star hotel with a charming outdoor pool. What distinguishes this accommodation from the numerous others in Piso Livadi is its great location, very close to both Logaras Beach and Punda Beach. It also boasts a fitness center and a bar on the premises, a very good breakfast in the morning, and an airport shuttle.
- ParosCarmel studio-apartment is one of the most charming apartments you’ll find in Liso Livadi. A three-star, pet-friendly accommodation, it’s in a building all clad in white and following the principles of classic Cycladic architecture. It also offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, close proximity to the beach (20 meters), and family rooms furnished with all the amenities.
Piso Livadi Luxury Hotels
- Summer Senses Luxury Resort is one of those five-star hotels that you have to visit at least once in your life. A super luxurious accommodation, it offers a large quantity of everything: three outdoor swimming pools, two bars, and two restaurants. The breakfast is exceptional, and one of the restaurants on the premises (Hytra Athens and Gaia) is Michelin-starred.
- Villa Nausithoe is another very expensive and beautiful four-star accommodation located very close to Logaras Beach. This beautiful holiday home offers practically everything you can think of: a beautiful garden, a large swimming pool, barbeque facilities on the premises, and a small fitness center. There’s even a bike rental on the premises if you want to cycle the area.
4. Chrissi Akti (Golden Beach)
If you adore water sports and plan on spending all your vacation in an adrenaline rush, Chrissi Akti — also known as the Golden Beach — is the right place for you.
We are talking about golden sand as far as meets the eye and perfectly clear blue water. It’s located around 10 miles from the airport, 12 miles from the capital Porokia, almost 10 miles from Naoussa, and two and a half miles from Piso Livadi.
As you can see, even if you aren’t staying precisely in Chrissi Akti, you can still visit it from anywhere in Paros. The beach is practically the center of the whole area.
A mix of sand and garden grass, with a lot of sunbeds and umbrellas, and all the other amenities nearby — including a lot of cafes and restaurants — you can stay here for hours without needing a break. There’s even a shop if you want to spend the extra buck.
The central thing on the beach is the legendary Golden Beach Surf Club, where you can learn everything about windsurfing. The place is quite suitable for both experienced windsurfers, as well as for rookies and beginners.
There are also numerous opportunities for scuba diving and snorkeling. We said that Golden Beach is mostly popular for windsurfers, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t interesting and attractive for everybody else.
Plainly speaking, we are talking about one of the best places in Paros, no matter your interests.
The amount of accommodation is quite decent, and so is the variety. You can find a hotel in every price range here, from a budget apartment to a super luxurious five-star hotel.
Chrissi Akti (Golden Beach) Budget Hotels
- Silver Rocks Hotel is a very cheap two-star hotel located between two beautiful beaches. Aside from the swimming pool with sunbeds, the hotel also offers free parking and free Wi-Fi, family rooms equipped with all the amenities, a bar on the premises, an airport shuttle, and facilities for disabled guests.
- Captain’s Rocks Hotel is a very cheap but very beautiful three-star hotel, decorated all in white and blue, like a quintessentially Paros’ hotel. The rooms are air-conditioned, have private bathrooms, and some of them boast a terrace with a view of the sea. Aside from that, the hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool and a bar on the premises.
Chrissi Akti (Golden Beach) Mid-Range Hotels
- Golden Beach Hotel is a slightly more expensive three-star hotel. It doesn’t have a swimming pool, but you won’t need it since the hotel is located directly on the beachfront. Aside from the usual amenities, as well as the bar, restaurant, and room service, it also has a shared lounge, a gift shop, and babysitting services.
- Seample studios is a three-star accommodation located a stone’s throw away from the famous and gorgeous Golden Beach. Located on the beachfront with direct access to the sea, it also boasts rooms with air conditioning, private bathrooms, and a view of the sea. Finally, it offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and a car rental agency.
Chrissi Akti (Golden Beach) Luxury Hotels
- Poseidon of Paros Hotel & Spa is a super luxurious five-star hotel and the best and most expensive accommodation option in Chrissi Akti. it has an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, a bar, and a restaurant on the premises. An airport shuttle and great breakfast are also available upon request.
- Saint George Hotel is a gorgeous four-star hotel located on the famous New Golden Beach of Paros, boasting a swimming pool on the beachfront with a view of the Aegean Sea. Aside from that, the hotel has a restaurant and bar, fabulous breakfast, and facilities for disabled people.
So, Where Should You Stay in Paros?
Before we put the final dot, let’s do a quick recap of the best places, hotels, restaurants, and landmarks in Paros:
|✅ Best Area to See Everything
|🏰 Most Historic Area
|👪 Best for Families
|🛥️ Best Area for Watersports
So, with so much to see and do, what are you waiting for — book your trip today and see for yourself all that Paros has to offer. Happy travels!