Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach the Riviera Maya, with Cancún International Airport (CUN) serving as the primary international gateway.
Here’s how to get to the Riviera Maya by air:
- From the U.S. and Canada: Travelers from the United States and Canada can find numerous direct flights to Cancún International Airport. Major airlines like American Airlines, Delta, United, and Air Canada operate regular flights to Cancún, making it a convenient option for North American travelers. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 2 to 4 hours.
- From Europe: If you’re traveling from Europe, you may need to make a stopover in major European cities like Madrid, London, or Amsterdam before reaching Cancún. Airlines like Iberia, British Airways, and KLM offer flights to Cancún with varying flight durations, typically ranging from 10 to 12 hours.
- From Asia: Travelers from Asia can catch connecting flights to Cancún via major North American hubs like Mexico City, Dallas, or Los Angeles. Consider airlines like Aeroméxico or American Airlines for connecting to Cancún. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 20 to 24 hours or more.
- From South America: The Riviera Maya is accessible from various South American locations, with airlines offering connecting flights from cities like Bogotá, São Paulo, and Buenos Aires. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Riviera Maya?
The average flight time to Riviera Maya, Mexico, can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Riviera Maya is a region along the Caribbean coastline of the Yucatán Peninsula, so the nearest major airport is typically Cancun International Airport. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- New York, USA: Around 4 to 5 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: Approximately 5 to 6 hours
- London, UK: About 10 to 11 hours
- Toronto, Canada: Around 4 hours
- Mexico City, Mexico: Approximately 2 hours
- Madrid, Spain: About 10 hours
- Paris, France: Approximately 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Frankfurt, Germany: About 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights might not be available from all locations, necessitating connections through major hubs.