Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Puerto Vallarta, with Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) serving as the primary international gateway.
Here’s how to get to Puerto Vallarta by air:
- From the U.S. and Canada: Travelers from the United States and Canada can find direct or connecting flights to Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport. Depart from major cities like Mexico City, Los Angeles, or Dallas, and choose airlines like Aeroméxico, American Airlines, or United Airlines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 2 to 5 hours.
- From Europe: If you’re traveling from Europe, you may need to make a stopover in major European hubs like Madrid, London, or Amsterdam before reaching Puerto Vallarta. Airlines like Iberia, British Airways, and KLM offer flights to Mexico with varying flight durations, typically ranging from 11 to 15 hours.
- From Asia: Travelers from Asia can catch connecting flights to Puerto Vallarta via major North American hubs like Mexico City or Los Angeles. Consider airlines like Aeroméxico or American Airlines for connecting to Mexico. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 16 to 22 hours or more.
- From South America: Puerto Vallarta is accessible from various South American locations, with airlines offering connecting flights from cities like Bogotá, Lima, and São Paulo. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 7 to 15 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Puerto Vallarta?
The average flight time to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Los Angeles, USA: Around 3 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 5 to 6 hours
- Mexico City, Mexico: About 1.5 hours
- Dallas, USA: Around 2.5 hours
- Chicago, USA: Approximately 4 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 5 hours
- Vancouver, Canada: Around 4.5 to 5 hours
- London, UK: Approximately 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights may not be available from all locations, often requiring connections through major Mexican or international hubs.