Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Mazatlán, with General Rafael Buelna International Airport (MZT) serving as the primary international gateway.
Here’s how to get to Mazatlán by air:
- From the U.S. and Canada: Many cities in the United States and Canada offer direct flights to General Rafael Buelna International Airport. Major airlines like American Airlines, Delta, United, and Air Canada operate regular flights to Mazatlán. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location but typically range from 3 to 5 hours.
- From Europe: If you’re traveling from Europe, you may need to make a stopover in major European hubs like Madrid, London, or Amsterdam before reaching Mazatlán. Airlines like Iberia, British Airways, and KLM offer flights to General Rafael Buelna International Airport with varying flight durations, typically ranging from 12 to 16 hours.
- From Asia: Travelers from Asia can catch connecting flights to Mazatlán via major Asian hubs like Tokyo, Beijing, or Seoul. Consider airlines like Japan Airlines, Air China, or Korean Air for connecting to Mexico. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 18 to 24 hours or more.
- From South America: Mazatlán is accessible from various South American locations, with airlines offering connecting flights from cities like Bogotá, Buenos Aires, and São Paulo. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 7 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Mazatlan?
The average flight time to Mazatlan, Mexico, can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- Los Angeles, USA: Around 2.5 to 3 hours
- Mexico City, Mexico: Approximately 1.5 hours
- Dallas, USA: About 2.5 hours
- Phoenix, USA: Around 2 hours
- Houston, USA: Approximately 2.5 hours
- Denver, USA: About 3 hours
- Calgary, Canada: Around 4.5 hours
- Vancouver, Canada: Approximately 4 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights might not be available from all locations, necessitating connections through major hubs.