When Is the Best Time to Visit Guadalajara?
The best time to visit Guadalajara is during the shoulder seasons of April to June and September to October. During these months, the weather is generally mild and sunny, with fewer crowds and lower prices than during the peak summer season (July and August).
Here are some of the benefits of visiting Guadalajara during the shoulder seasons:
- Mild weather: Guadalajara has a subtropical climate, with warm, wet summers and mild, dry winters. The shoulder seasons offer pleasant temperatures, making them ideal for sightseeing, exploring, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Smaller crowds: The shoulder seasons are less crowded than the peak summer season, so you’ll be able to enjoy Guadalajara’s popular tourist attractions without having to deal with large crowds. This is especially important if you’re visiting popular destinations like the Guadalajara Cathedral, the Hospicio Cabañas, and the Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village.
- Lower prices: Prices for flights, accommodation, and activities are generally lower during the shoulder seasons than during the peak summer season. This means you can save money on your trip without having to sacrifice quality.
Here are some specific examples of how you can enjoy the most of Guadalajara during the shoulder seasons:
- Spring (April to June): The weather in spring is typically sunny and mild, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit for exploring the city’s many parks and gardens, visiting the Guadalajara International Book Fair, and attending the Fiestas de Mayo.
- Autumn (September to October): The weather in autumn is also typically sunny and mild, with occasional showers. This is a great time to visit for visiting the city’s many museums, attending the Jalisco International Film Festival, and enjoying the Day of the Dead celebrations.
While there are many great times to visit Guadalajara, if you’re looking for the best weather and the most opportunities to enjoy the city’s outdoor activities and cultural attractions, then we recommend visiting during the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn.
Climate in Guadalajara
Summer Season in Guadalajara
Summers in Guadalajara are warm and humid, with average daytime temperatures ranging from 25°C to 30°C (77°F to 86°F). This season is marked by sunny mornings followed by afternoon rain showers, typical of the rainy season. The warm and humid conditions are balanced by the regular rainfall, making summer a vibrant time for the city's lush gardens and parks.
Rainy Season in Guadalajara
The rainy season in Guadalajara overlaps with the summer months, bringing increased humidity and frequent afternoon and evening thunderstorms. These showers are usually intense but brief, and the mornings often remain clear and sunny. Despite the rain, temperatures stay warm, and the city's landscape becomes particularly green and lush.
Winter Season in Guadalajara
Winters in Guadalajara are mild and dry, with daytime temperatures typically ranging from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F). The season is characterized by cooler nights and pleasant, sunny days, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities and exploring the city's rich cultural and historical attractions. Winter in Guadalajara offers a comfortable climate, free from the humidity and rainfall of the summer months.