Accommodations in Mexico
Settling on a great place to stay in Mexico can be overwhelming with so many options to choose from. You’ll find great beachfront resorts, classic and boutique hotels, and historic properties vying for your attention when you’re booking a trip.
Here are some of our recommendations for the best places to stay in Mexico, depending on your destination, travel style, and budget:
- The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun (Cancun, Quintana Roo): In the heart of Cancun’s bustling hotel zone, you’ll be near all the action at The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun. Top-notch guest rooms, multiple pools, and a wonderful private beach provide the basis for an awesome Mexican vacation.
- Rosewood Mayakoba (Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo): The popular Riviera Maya is where you’ll find this luxurious resort in Playa del Carmen. Take your pick from a range of upscale suites right on the water with a full-service spa, private beach, and onsite dining options at your fingertips.
- Hotel Casa Natalia (San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur): Enjoy smaller crowds than Cabo San Lucas in the nearby town of San Jose del Cabo with a boutique hotel that is decked out in colonial style and classic ambience. You’ll be within walking distance of the old plaza and art galleries downtown with a terraced courtyard and onsite dining for nights you’d rather stay in.
- Hotel Hacienda de los Morales (Mexico City): Mexico City’s Hotel Hacienda is filled with colonial charm and colorful touches in the decor that immerse you in Mexican culture. The hotel’s plush rooms, lush gardens, and onsite restaurant provide a casual setting for a trip to Mexico’s capital.
- La Purificadora (Puebla, Puebla): This modern boutique hotel is filled with eclectic art and tons of luxury amenities in the historic center of Puebla. The rooftop bar and pool, wine cellar, and onsite restaurant offer comfy accommodations in a 19th-century building that was designed by the modernist architect Ricardo Legorreta.
- Dos Casas Hotel & Spa (San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato): Get an authentic taste of Mexico in boutique accommodations in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. You’ll be within walking distance of the town’s cobblestoned historic center with amenities like a spa, restaurant, and bar on the grounds.
- Hotel Quinta Real (Oaxaca, Oaxaca): If you want to experience the old Mexico, a stay at Hotel Quinta Real in Oaxaca is perfect. Stay in period-decorated historic rooms in a former convent that’s over 4 centuries old. You’ll sample Oaxaca’s fresh cuisine at the onsite gourmet restaurant.
- Hacienda Xcanatun (Merida, Yucatan): Set in Merida, Hacienda Xcanatun provides traditional hacienda-style lodging decorated in historic styles surrounded by tropical gardens. You’ll be close to Yucatan’s most significant archaeological sites for exploration and a top-rated restaurant sits on the property for delicious Mexican meals.
Your trip to Mexico might look like a beach vacation with a drink in hand while you stay at a luxury waterfront resort. Or maybe your style is a historic hacienda that puts you close to art districts and authentic cuisine. No matter what your ideal Mexican getaway looks like, you’ll find a great place that fits your budget and travel style.