Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common way to reach the Netherlands, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to the Netherlands by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Dutch airports like Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) or Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Los Angeles, and choose airlines like KLM, Delta Air Lines, or Air Canada for your journey to the Netherlands. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 10 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various Dutch airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Berlin, and choose airlines like Ryanair, Lufthansa, or British Airways for your journey to the Netherlands. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 1 to 2 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: The Netherlands is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Beijing. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and KLM offer routes to the Netherlands. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 8 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to the Netherlands?
The average flight time to the Netherlands (assuming Amsterdam as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 1 hour
- New York, USA: Approximately 7 to 8 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 7 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 11 to 12 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 21 to 23 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 10 to 11 hours
- Hong Kong: Around 12 hours
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 11 to 12 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.