Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is one of the most common ways to reach Switzerland, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Switzerland by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Swiss airports like Zurich Airport (ZRH) or Geneva Airport (GVA). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Los Angeles, and choose airlines like Swiss International Air Lines, Lufthansa, or Delta Air Lines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 8 to 12 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or connecting flights to various Swiss airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like Swiss International Air Lines, British Airways, or Lufthansa. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Switzerland is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Moscow. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Aeroflot offer routes to Switzerland. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Switzerland?
The average flight time to Switzerland (assuming Zurich or Geneva as the primary destinations) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 1.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 7 to 8 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 6 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 22 to 24 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Hong Kong: Around 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.