Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is one of the most common ways to reach Sweden, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Sweden by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Swedish airports like Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) or Gothenburg Landvetter Airport (GOT). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Chicago, and choose airlines like SAS, Norwegian, or Lufthansa. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 11 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or connecting flights to various Swedish airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Berlin, and choose airlines like SAS, Ryanair, or KLM. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Sweden is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Istanbul, Doha, or Moscow. Airlines like Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, and Aeroflot offer routes to Sweden. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Sweden?
The average flight time to Sweden (assuming Stockholm as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 2.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 8 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 6 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 21 to 23 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Hong Kong: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 2 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.