Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is one of the most common ways to reach Scotland, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Scotland by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Scottish airports like Edinburgh Airport (EDI) or Glasgow Airport (GLA). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Boston and choose airlines like British Airways, Delta Air Lines, or American Airlines. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 6 to 9 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or connecting flights to various Scottish airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Amsterdam and choose airlines like Ryanair, KLM, or easyJet. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Scotland is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Reykjavik, or Doha. Airlines like Emirates, Icelandair, and Qatar Airways offer routes to Scotland. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 10 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Scotland?
The average flight time to Scotland (assuming Edinburgh or Glasgow as the primary destinations) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 1 to 1.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 6 to 7 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 7.5 hours
- Toronto, Canada: Around 6.5 to 7.5 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 22 to 24 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Hong Kong: Around 12 to 13 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 2 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.