Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is one of the most common ways to reach Romania, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Romania by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Romanian airports like Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport (OTP) or Cluj-Napoca International Airport (CLJ). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Chicago, and choose airlines like Tarom, Lufthansa, or Turkish Airlines for your journey to Romania. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 8 to 14 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various Romanian airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like Wizz Air, Ryanair, or Air France for your journey to Romania. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Romania is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Istanbul, or Tel Aviv. Airlines like Tarom, Turkish Airlines, and Wizz Air offer routes to Romania. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 10 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Romania?
The average flight time to Romania (assuming Bucharest as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 3 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 9 to 10 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Dubai, UAE: About 5 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 13 to 14 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 2 hours
- Paris, France: About 2.5 hours
- Istanbul, Turkey: Around 1 hour
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.