Flying is a common way to reach Poland, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Poland by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Polish airports like Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW) or Kraków John Paul II International Airport (KRK). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Chicago, and choose airlines like LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, or American Airlines for your journey to Poland. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 8 to 12 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various Polish airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Berlin, and choose airlines like Ryanair, Wizz Air, or Lufthansa for your journey to Poland. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Poland is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Istanbul, or Beijing. Airlines like Emirates, Turkish Airlines, and LOT Polish Airlines offer routes to Poland. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Poland?
The average flight time to Poland (assuming Warsaw as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 2.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 8 to 9 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 6 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 22 to 24 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 12 to 13 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Hong Kong: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 1.5 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.