Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common way to reach Norway, with several international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Norway by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major Norwegian airports like Oslo Gardermoen Airport (OSL) or Bergen Airport Flesland (BGO). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Los Angeles, and choose airlines like Norwegian, SAS, or Delta Air Lines for your journey to Norway. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 10 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various Norwegian airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like SAS, Ryanair, or Lufthansa for your journey to Norway. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Norway is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Beijing. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Norwegian offer routes to Norway. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 3 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Norway?
The average flight time to Norway (assuming Oslo as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 2 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 7 to 8 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 6.5 to 7.5 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 22 to 24 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 10 to 11 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Hong Kong: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.