Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Israel, with Ben Gurion Airport (TLV) in Tel Aviv serving as the primary international gateway.
Here’s how to get to Israel by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to Ben Gurion Airport. Depart from major cities like New York, Los Angeles, or Toronto, and choose airlines like El Al, United Airlines, or Delta Air Lines for your journey to Israel. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 11 to 15 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find direct or connecting flights to Tel Aviv. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like British Airways, Lufthansa, or Air France for your journey to Israel. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 4 to 5 hours.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to Israel via major European hubs like Istanbul, Amsterdam, or Vienna. Consider airlines like Turkish Airlines, Austrian Airlines, or El Al for connecting to Israel. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 10 to 14 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Israel is accessible from various international locations, with airlines offering connecting flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Moscow. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Israel?
The average flight time to Israel (assuming Tel Aviv as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 4.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 10 to 11 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: About 14 to 15 hours
- Dubai, UAE: Around 3 hours
- Moscow, Russia: Approximately 4 hours
- Paris, France: About 4.5 hours
- Toronto, Canada: Around 10.5 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Approximately 4 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.