Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Ireland, with several major international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Ireland by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to Dublin Airport (DUB) or Shannon Airport (SNN). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Boston, and choose airlines like Aer Lingus, Delta Air Lines, or American Airlines for your journey to Ireland. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 6 to 9 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various Irish airports, including Dublin, Cork, and Shannon. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Amsterdam, and choose airlines like Ryanair, Aer Lingus, or British Airways for your journey to Ireland. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 to 3 hours or less.
- From Other International Destinations: Ireland is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, New York, or London. Airlines like Emirates, Aer Lingus, and British Airways offer routes to Ireland. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 12 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Ireland?
The average flight time to Ireland (assuming Dublin as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 1 to 1.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 6 to 7 hours
- Toronto, Canada: About 6.5 to 7.5 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: About 10.5 to 11.5 hours
- Dubai, UAE: Around 7.5 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 22 to 24 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Hong Kong: About 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Frankfurt, Germany: Around 2 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.