Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Hungary, with several major international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Hungary by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Chicago, and choose airlines like LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, or British Airways for your journey to Hungary. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 9 to 12 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to Budapest and other Hungarian airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Berlin, and choose airlines like Wizz Air, Ryanair, or Air France for your journey to Hungary. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 3 hours or less.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to Budapest via major European hubs like Istanbul, Frankfurt, or Vienna. Consider airlines like Turkish Airlines, Austrian Airlines, or Lufthansa for connecting to Hungary. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 12 to 16 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Hungary is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Moscow. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Aeroflot offer routes to Hungary. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 10 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Hungary?
The average flight time to Hungary (assuming Budapest as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 2.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 9 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 5.5 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Around 1.5 hours
- Paris, France: Approximately 2 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: About 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 12 to 13 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Moscow, Russia: Approximately 2.5 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.