Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Greece, with several major international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Greece by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH) or Thessaloniki Airport Makedonia (SKG). Depart from major cities like New York, Toronto, or Los Angeles, and choose airlines like Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, or Air Canada for your journey to Greece. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 10 to 14 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various Greek airports. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Rome, and choose airlines like Aegean Airlines, Ryanair, or Lufthansa for your journey to Greece. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 3 hours or less.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to Greek airports via major European hubs like Istanbul, Frankfurt, or Amsterdam. Consider airlines like Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, or KLM for connecting to Greece. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 12 to 18 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Greece is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Moscow. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Aeroflot offer routes to Greece. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 4 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Greece?
The average flight time to Greece (assuming Athens as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 3.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 10 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: About 13 to 14 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Dubai, UAE: Around 5 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 20 to 22 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 15 to 16 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Hong Kong: Around 11 to 12 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 9 to 10 hours (usually with a stopover)
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.