Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Germany, with multiple international airports serving as gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Germany by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to major German airports like Frankfurt Airport (FRA) or Munich Airport (MUC). Depart from major cities like New York, Chicago, or Toronto, and choose airlines like Lufthansa, Delta Air Lines, or United Airlines for your journey to Germany. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 10 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various airports in Germany. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Amsterdam, and choose airlines like Lufthansa, British Airways, or KLM for your journey to Germany. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 hours or less.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to German airports via major European hubs like Istanbul, Amsterdam, or Frankfurt. Consider airlines like Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, or KLM for connecting to Germany. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 12 to 18 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Germany is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Tokyo, or Moscow. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Aeroflot offer routes to Germany. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Germany?
The average flight time to Germany (assuming Frankfurt or Berlin as primary destinations) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 1 to 1.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 7 to 8 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: About 11 to 12 hours
- Dubai, UAE: Around 6 to 7 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Approximately 22 to 24 hours (usually with one or more stopovers)
- Los Angeles, USA: About 11 hours
- Hong Kong: Around 12 hours
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 11 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.