Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Croatia, with Zagreb Airport (ZAG) in the capital city serving as one of the primary gateways to the country.
Here’s how to get to Croatia by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to Zagreb Airport. Depart from major cities like New York, Chicago, or Toronto, and choose airlines like Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, or Croatia Airlines for your journey to Croatia. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 10 to 14 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from within Europe can find direct or short connecting flights to various airports in Croatia. Depart from cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt, and choose airlines like British Airways, Air France, or Lufthansa for your journey to Croatia. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 2 hours or less.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to Croatia via major European hubs like Istanbul, Frankfurt, or Amsterdam. Consider airlines like Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, or KLM for connecting to Croatia. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 12 to 18 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Croatia is accessible from various international locations. You can find flights from cities like Dubai, Doha, or Moscow. Airlines like Qatar Airways, Emirates, and Aeroflot offer routes to Croatia. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 6 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Croatia?
The average flight time to Croatia (assuming Zagreb as the primary destination) can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 2 to 2.5 hours
- New York, USA: Approximately 9 to 10 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Dubai, UAE: About 6 hours
- Frankfurt, Germany: Around 1.5 hours
- Paris, France: Approximately 2 hours
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: About 2 hours
- Toronto, Canada: Around 9 to 10 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Moscow, Russia: Approximately 3 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors. Direct flights may not be available from all locations, requiring connections through major European hubs.