Browse Expedia.com’s robust inventory of international and domestic flight deals! We may be compensated when you book after clicking on one of our links.
Flying is the most common and efficient way to reach Amsterdam, with Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) serving as the city’s primary gateway.
Here’s how to get to Amsterdam by air:
- From North America: Travelers from North America can find direct or connecting flights to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Depart from major cities like New York, Los Angeles, or Toronto, and choose airlines like KLM, Delta Air Lines, or British Airways for your journey to Amsterdam. Flight durations can vary based on your departure location and layovers but typically range from 7 to 10 hours.
- From Europe: Travelers from Europe can find direct flights to Amsterdam from major cities like London, Paris, or Frankfurt. Choose airlines like KLM, Air France, or Lufthansa for your journey to Amsterdam. Flight durations are generally short, with most European flights taking 1 to 2 hours.
- From Asia: If you’re coming from Asia, you can catch connecting flights to Amsterdam from major Asian hubs like Tokyo, Singapore, or Dubai. Consider airlines like Singapore Airlines, Emirates, or KLM for connecting to Amsterdam. Flight durations can vary, with typical total travel times ranging from 12 to 18 hours or more.
- From Other International Destinations: Amsterdam is well-connected to international destinations, and you can find flights from cities like Dubai, Buenos Aires, or Sydney. Airlines like Emirates, KLM, and Qantas offer routes to Amsterdam. Flight durations depend on your departure location and route but can range from 9 to 14 hours or more.
How Long Is the Flight to Amsterdam?
The average flight time to Amsterdam can vary depending on the departure city, airline, and route. Here are approximate flight times from some of the most common origins:
- London, UK: Around 1 hour
- New York, USA: Approximately 7 to 8 hours
- Dubai, UAE: About 7 hours
- Tokyo, Japan: Around 11 to 12 hours
- Los Angeles, USA: About 10 to 11 hours
- Singapore: Approximately 13 hours
- Sydney, Australia: Around 21 to 22 hours (usually with a stopover)
- Bangkok, Thailand: Approximately 11 to 12 hours
These are estimated times and actual flight durations may vary based on the specific route, stopovers, and other factors.