The only thing better than going on an adventure on your own is having a friend to travel with. But let’s face it — whether you’re going on a month-long trip or a simple weekend getaway, you’ll need some good captions for Instagram or social media.
But don’t worry — while there are countless quotes to use, we’ve rounded up some of the best ones to make sure that your timeline is on point. Check out our favorites below!
The Best Travel Quotes for Friends
- “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.” -Thelma & Louise
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
- “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” – George A. Moore
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
- “There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.” – Kristen Sarah
- “True friends never apart, maybe in distance, never in heart.” – Helen Keller
- “We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world & the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The more I traveled, the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
- “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “Just grab a friend and take a ride, together, upon the open road.” – The Goofy Movie
- “We all have that one friend who is either on a road trip or planning a road trip or thinking about a road trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” – Crestless Wave
- “In life, it’s not where you go – it’s who you travel with.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Wherever it is you may be, it is your friends who make your world.” – Chris Bradford
- “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
- “A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.” – Anonymous
- “Getting to know new people and gaining new friends is one of life’s greatest pleasures. So, conquer your fears and get out there.” – Tony Clark
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world, possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
- “Everyone needs a friend that will call and say, ‘Get dressed, we are going on an adventure.” – Anonymous
- “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
- “I still believe in paradise. But now, at least, I know it’s not some place you can look for. Because it’s not where you go. It’s how you feel for a moment in your life when you’re a part of something. And if you find that moment… it lasts forever.” – Alex Garland, The Beach
- “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” – Edith Wharton
- “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling, and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paul Coelho
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” – Richard Bach
- “A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.” – Maya Angelou
- “When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun.’” – Groucho Marx
- “When life gives you best friends, use them.” – Areej Farooq
- “As long as we don’t die, this is gonna be one hell of a story.” – John Green
- “Follow your heart a little more, and listen to your head a little less.” – Fabiola Francisco
- “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase
- “Adventure is out there.” – Up
- “Best friends are people hard to find, difficult to be, and impossible to live without. They are the people you get along with so easily in the journey called life.” – Khushi Parwal
- “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
- “Road trippin’ with my two favorite allies – fully loaded, we got snacks and supplies. It’s time to leave this town, it’s time to steal away. Let’s go get lost anywhere in the U.S.A.” – Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Road Trippin’
- “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” – S.E. Hinton
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.” – William Butler Yeats
- “Will you come travel with me? Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?” – Walt Whitman
- “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead. Walk beside me… just be my friend.” – Albert Camus
- “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt.
- “When traveling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee.” – Helen Hayes
- “Sharing Adventures Means Enjoying Them 100% More.” – Anonymous
- “And the purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
- “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!” – Anonymous
- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” – Anonymous
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you going on an adventure with your friends but have a few questions running through your mind? Here are the answers to some common questions about travel with friends and quotes related to the topic.
What are ways to use travel quotes for friends?
You can use travel quotes for friends however you want! Common ways to use the quotes include social media posts, matching t-shirts, themes for your trip, and journal inspiration. You can also read through the quotes to build excitement for your trip.
Why should I travel with my friends?
While traveling solo has a host of benefits that include finding yourself, improving self-confidence, and learning valuable life skills, traveling with friends also offers a unique experience. When you travel with friends, you’ll form deeper bonds, have somebody to rely on if things don’t go to plan, and have somebody to share memories with.
Additionally, traveling in a group can be a safer way to see the world. If you’re a fan of photography or social media, your friends can also help you snap pictures of yourself in your favorite spots from the journey.
What is the key to traveling with friends?
No matter how close you are to your friends, traveling with them can be tricky. To enjoy your travels, it is essential to communicate well with each other, plan activities everyone will enjoy, and have a clear plan for dividing costs.
What is a holiday with friends called?
Many people call a getaway with their friends a “friendcation.”
Is it more affordable to travel with friends?
Yes! One of the many benefits of traveling with friends is that it makes the experience more affordable. When traveling with others, you can split local transport costs like taxi rides and boat fares. You may also save on accommodation.
Final Thoughts: The Best Travel Quotes for Friends
Travel quotes are fun, whatever the context and they are even more fun with friends. These quotes capture several dimensions of travel and friendship. Use them for fun and to celebrate your travels with friends, whether you’re traveling near or far. Happy travels!