PUT THE FUN INTO FUNDRAISING!
So, you’ve just booked onto one of our volunteer programmes. The question is – how am I going to afford to pay it? Don’t worry, we have got some top tips and advice to help you save money and raise funds towards your programme.
Get creative! Whether it’s baking, running a Tough Mudder, or throwing a quiz night, there are a lot of different ways to raise money for your project. It doesn’t have to be complicated – think about who you know and how they can get involved in helping you.
Check out our FUNDRAISING GUIDE which is jam packed full of ideas to help you plan and execute your FUNdraisers
- A really easy and effective way to fundraise online is crowdfunding. A lot of our volunteers choose sites like GoFundMe, it makes the whole process very simple and can be set up and raising funds for you with a few clicks.*
- Use Social Media – to get your fundraising page out there. Share your link far and wide on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google + accounts. It’s also worth doing your research and posting it into related groups on Facebook and reaching out to influential figures on different platforms – like Instagram and Twitter.
You can also try Thunderclap, a new crowdspeaking website that helps people be heard by saying something together.*
There’s actually a number of different ways for you to get sponsorship from different places, you’ve just got to know the right places to look.
Companies: Some local businesses and companies have a “charity budget” that they must use up every year, and if you’re luck you may be able to persuade them to use some of this money towards your project.
Charities: Local Funds and Charities will sometimes sponsor people to either get involved with projects that improve the lives of less developed communities, or to help you develop as a person through an activity that will benefit others too.
A great place to start is the Directory of Grant making Trusts – which is cheaper to borrow from the local library. Tip: Make sure that you fit into the criteria of any particular charity of trust.
Volunteering on a budget: Don’t just take our word for it, have a look at our volunteers’ tried and tested fundraisers below:
VOLUNTEERS’ TRIED AND TESTED FUNDRAISERS!
- A Parachute jump raising - £1,500.00
- Sponsored Swim raising - £800.00
- Car Boot Sale raising - £600.00
- Marathon mountain trek – climbed 15 mountains in 3 days – raising £600.
**Travelquest Ltd Trading as Travellers Worldwide are in no way connected or affiliated with "GoFundMe", “ThunderClap” (or any other fundraising site) and cannot accept liability or claims in connection with these sites. You should research any such site thoroughly before deciding and committing to raise funds via this route.
GOOD LUCK !
We hope you raise lots of money and that you join us soon - you'll love it!
BACK TO TOP