Picture this: you’re in the airport, waiting to catch a flight home. You scroll through the breathtaking pictures you took on your travels. You find the top 10 or so and upload them to Instagram.
Now you need a caption, but you can’t think of anything to capture the magic of the moments. Does this situation feel familiar?
Sometimes, our words are just not enough to share the joy of our adventures. However, travel quotes by authors and other famous people will fit your journey perfectly. Before you hit ‘Share,’ check out the Instagram travel quotes below.
Travel Quotes by Famous Personalities
Many famous people spend their time traveling. These travel quotes by famous people can express in words your complex feelings.
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
- “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” — Katie Thurmes
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” — Anita Desai
- “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” — Anatole France
- “It matters not where or how far you travel, – the farther commonly the worse, – but how much alive you are.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “I love to travel, but hate to arrive.” — Albert Einstein
- “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” — Gustave Flaubert
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” — Ibn Battuta
- “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” — Wallace Stevens
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us” — J.R.R. Tolkien
- “The journey is my home.” — Muriel Rukeyser
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” — Anais Nin
- “To travel is to live.” — Hans Christian Anderson
- “People don’t take trips – trips take people.” — John Steinbeck
- “Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag.” — Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” — Martin Buber
- “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” — Caskie Stinnett
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” — St. Augustine of Hippo
- “The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “It is better to see something once, than to hear about it a thousand times.” — an Asian Proverb
- “Because when you stop and look around, it’s pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” — Aesop
- “I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.” — Nyssa P. Chopra
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
- “Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
Frequently Asked Questions
Before you craft your Instagram travel quote, use the answers to some frequently asked questions below to perfect it.
What Are Other Captions for Instagram Posts About Traveling?
You can also choose a catchy caption that is not a direct quote. Some of the best include:
- “What’s on my bucket list? Everywhere.”
- “Take only pictures; leave only footprints.”
- “Keep calm and travel on.”
- “The best things happen outside of our comfort zones.”
- “I feel most at home when exploring the world.”
- “Life is not meant to be lived in one place.”
- “I follow my heart, which leads me to the airport.”
- “I travel so my life isn’t disrupted by routine.”
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
- “I want to vacation for so long that I forget all my passwords.”
- “You can shake the sand out of your shoes but not out of your soul.”
- “Beach don’t kill my vibe.”
- “Not all classrooms have four walls.”
- “Vacation state of mind.”
- “Vacation mode: on.”
- “Born to rome. Everywhere is home.”
- “Let the adventure begin.”
- “Finding paradise wherever I go.”
- “Let your dreams take flight.”
- “To travel, to experience, and learn: that is to live.”
- “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.”
- “Travel is the healthiest addiction.”
- “If it requires a bikini, my answer is yes.”
- “Always take the scenic route.”
- “Collect moments, not things.”
- “Seek to sea more.”
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life to escape us.”
- “I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel brochure.”
- “Travel, because money returns. Time doesn’t.”
- “In a relationship with: my passport.”
- “Work hard, travel harder.”
- “Paradise isn’t a place; it’s a feeling.”
- “Take a walk on the wild side.”
- “I’m not in Kansas anymore.”
- “Your wings already exist; all you have to do is fly.”
- “Sandy toes. Sun-kissed nose.”
- “Better than my wildest dreams.”
- “Tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun.”
- “My sweet escape.”
What Makes a Good Instagram Quote?
Good Instagram travel quotes will cause more people to engage in your posts. With a simple Call to Action, you can stimulate conversation and promote a higher ranking for your post within the Instagram algorithm.
Your caption should provide context and show your personality. Always lead with the best part of your caption because anything too long will be cut off. If it is a long caption, leave blank lines in between to break up the text.
Wrap up with a simple engagement technique, such as one of the following:
- Leave a comment with your favorite travel destination below!
- Double-tap if you agree.
- Tell me about your visit to the UK in the comments!
- I want your opinion. Where should I take my next vacation?
What Are the Most Popular Travel Destinations in the World?
The most popular travel destinations in the world are:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- London, United Kingdom
- Cancun, Mexico
- Bali, Indonesia
- Crete, Greece
- Rome, Italy
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Paris, France
- Hurghada, Egypt
What Are the Best Travel Quotes for Popular Travel Destinations?
If you traveled to one of the most popular vacation destinations, consider these Instagram travel quotes specific to your journey.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- “Feeling fine in Dubai.”
- “I need vitamin D – Dubai.”
- “We in the UAE have no such word as impossible.” — Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
London, United Kingdom
- “In London, everyone is different, and that means anyone can fit in.” — Paddington Bear
- “A bad day in London is still better than a good day anywhere else.”
- “Having the Thames of my life.”
- “Taking life one scone at a time.”
- “Living like the royals.”
Cancun and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- “I could get used to this non-stop fiesta.”
- “Let’s taco’ bout going to Mexico.”
- “I took a trip down to Mexico. It kind of changed my perspective on life a little bit.” — Derrick Favors
- “Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s Mexico.”
- “I want to explore the art of pleasure in Italy, the art of devotion in India, and, in Indonesia, the art of balancing the two.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The beauty of this island is un-Bali-vable.”
- “Find me beneath the palm trees in Bali.”
- “Cool, palm, and collected.”
- “Once upon a time in Bali.”
- “Don’t talk about heaven if you’ve never been to Bali.” — Toba Beta
- “Greece is a good place for rebirths.” — Judith Martin
- “The problem with Greece is that she’s just too beautiful.”
- “Greeking out over these views.”
- “Be still my Crete-ing heart.”
- “Rome more, worry less.”
- “If we could be reborn wherever we choose, how crowded Rome would be” — Francine Prose
- “Meet me under the stars in Rome.”
- “Just Rome-ing around after dark.”
- “If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
- “There’s no time to be bored in Istanbul.”
- “Wanderlust and city dust.”
- “Being a turkey in Turkey.”
- “You had me at Bonjour.”
- “That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me.” from Midnight in Paris
- “Eiffel in love with this city at first sight.”
- “Egypt is full of dreams, mysteries, memories.”– Janet Erskine Stuart
- “It’s impossible to ruin this view.”
Which Instagram Travel Caption Will You Choose?
The perfect caption will take your Instagram post to a new level. With the right words, you can truly share the wonder of your travels with your followers. These Instagram travel quotes will astonish all of your viewers. Happy travels!